Monday, May 18, 2009

Modified Amy Butler Bag

I had so much fun this weekend completing this simple bag from Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection - Bags, Pillows & Pincushions. This magazine is available on news stands now and is filled with lots of easy to follow projects.I choose Amy Butler's "Favorite Clutch" found on page 68. The fabric I used is available at JoAnn Fabrics - outside is a bright blue and green paisley and inside is a coordinating green with blue dots. Great spring colors!
Since I am not a clutch kind of girl, I decided to modify the design slightly by adding a handle. I also did some additional top stitching to give the bag a more finished look. This was a perfect project for me, as I have a growing collection of vintage rhinestone pins.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin