Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Some Old Fashioned Love


Ever since I can remember, I have been drawn to things that have a history (a polite way of saying old!) In fact, as I look around my house, there is not much here that was purchased new. So it should come as no surprise that I also find old books, cards, advertisements, posters, etc. fascinating,
Many years ago, my husband’s family bought some land on which sat a very old abandoned log house. Every year when we would visit, my husband and I would trek through the fields to get to this house. We spent our vacation days pulling down the old chimney to save the bricks, dismantling a staircase and fireplace mantel, pulling up wide floor and wall planks, and generally having a good time playing salvagers. While searching through the house, we came across, among other things,  a box of old Valentine cards that included some of the ones shown here.
I love the look of the graphics and fonts of these vintage Valentines. Can you imagine giving or receiving the card below today? 






























How cute is this small Valentine book below? 


















Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and don't forget to tell the ones you love how special they are to you.

7 comments:

Christine said...

those are such sweet valentines!!

white flower farmhouse said...

You sound like my kinda girl - love finding surprises. Great Valentines Day cards. All the best, Lori

Cindy said...

I too love anything old,I love to find new uses for much loved things that have been discarded. I love the vintage valentines, several years ago I started picking them up here and there, and love them.

Hugs,
Cindy

Greet Lefèvre said...

I so love these beautiful cards! I see that you love things of history as you told in your comment on my blogpost the other day!
xx
Greet

Maple Park Cottage said...

Good for you for finding these, saving them and sharing them with us...thanks!!!

Maple Park Cottage said...

Good for you for finding these, saving them and sharing them with us...thanks!!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

New follower going through your old posts. I found some of these in my grandmother's chest. My grandparents wrote love letters and cards alot. She gave him one every week for a year before he died. Love these too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin