Monday, August 22, 2011

Built-in Cabinets and a Better Homes and Gardens Photo Shoot!

Happy Monday!  I Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was very busy but super fun with what seemed like an endless whirlwind of activity.

The flurry of excitement began on Wednesday with the arrival of several people who were involved with a Better Homes and Gardens location photo shoot at my house.  (Yes, I know I kept it a secret!)

A few weeks ago my home was chosen to be used as back drop for a holiday floral feature.  So for three days my house looked like the photo below.


Lots and lots of flowers!  It was a tremendous experience and I am truly grateful for the opportunity to observe a very talented group of professionals as they all worked together to create the most incredibly beautiful flower arrangements.

Then first thing Saturday morning the carpenter arrived to install the built-in cabinets on either side of the fireplace.   After two continuous days of work there is still more to be done.  I am so pleased with how they are turning out and can’t wait to start accessorizing.

He will be back next weekend to do touch up painting and install the doors.  Until then, here is a little sneak peek as to how the cabinets look so far.


So that is just a little hint of what I have been up to.  I promise to share more information soon.

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh, you are good at keeping a secret, Stacy! When you can, let us know which BHG publication it will be in so we can see it all.

Kathi said...

Can't wait to see the BHG article. Oh, the flowers are gorgeous. You have so many inspiring ideas. Kathi

Morgan said...

Thanks for the preview! The cabinets look great. =)

Deborah said...

Can't wait to see the reveal in BHG!

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous news!! The cabinets look great. Your entire home is gorgeous.

Kathy

under spanish moss said...

Stacy, how exciting for you. The cabinets look great and we can't wait to see how you style them. Great news on the Better Homes and Gardens shoot. We can't wait to see!
Angela and Renee

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

How absolutely fun! Livin' the dream! The bookcases will be wonderful, too!
Barbara

Abby M. Interiors said...

Stacy! That's wonderful news. How exciting! What a treat to have those beautiful flowers in your own home. Enjoy!
abby

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

How fun is that? I would love to be behind the scenes like that in my own home!! The built-ins will be great. I love the character those kind of details add to a house. Cant wait to see it finished :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

How exciting! I love seeing your home in magazines. Makes me feel like I know someone famous :) The built-ins are looking great.

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

built ins make my heart beat faster!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin